NOTICE: As of June 2006 JAM is no longer supported.
JAM 2.1 User's Guide
JavaGen Ant Modules 2.1
JavaGen Ant Modules or JAM* is a modular Ant toolkit for building J2EE applications.
It consists of a collection of Ant scripts designed to perform common Java/J2EE build tasks
such as compilation, packaging, testing, deployment and J2EE application server control.
Although originally developed to support the JavaGen code generator, JAM
has evolved into a full feature, stand-alone build framework. Highlights include:
- JAM leverages the new import and target override features of Ant 1.6 to create a reusable build framework.
- JAM defines a small set of standard target names.
- JAM includes a Maven-to-Ant bridge providing access to Maven's POM and repository features directly from Ant.
- JAM supports various J2EE application servers as interchangeable modules.
- JAM supports code generation technologies such as XDoclet and UML-based JavaGen.
- JAM has extensive support for various unit test technologies including JUnit and Cactus.
- JAM modules support CVS, Axis, Castor, JMX, Hibernate and many other technologies.
By assembling JAM modules, you can quickly create sophisticated IDE-independent build scripts.
To learn more read through the User's Guide starting with the simple example page.
*There is another unrealated C/C++ build framework with the same name: Perforce Jam.